Discover the region
Tourist offices of the Pays des Abers and the Côte des Légendes :
Within 10 km from the gîte, you will find a lot of sport and cultural activities. There is something for every taste: chilling out on the beach, gathering seafood, hiking, visits, sailing, kayaking, horse riding… Plus the restaurants where you can taste local specialties: seafood, kig ha farz, crêpes, salted butter caramel…
- “Grande randonnée” hiking paths to walk along the coast and the Abers
- Many greenways and other hiking paths to discover Plouguerneau and its surroundings by foot or by bike.
Windsurfing, optimist dinghy, kayaking, traditional sailing boats, catamaran, fishing
- Nautical centre of Plouguerneau – http://www.cn-plouguerneau.com
- Surfing des Abers (school) – Plouguerneau – http://www.surfing-abers.com
- Vedettes des abers – Port of the Aber Wrach – Landéda – http://www.vedettes-des-abers.com
- Korejou plongée (dive club) – Plouguerneau – http://www.korejouplongee.com
- Equestrian centre of Trouzilit – Tréglonou – http://www.equitation-trouzilit.com
- The lighthouse of the Vierge island : the highest of Europe (82,50 m) – Plouguerneau – http://www.ecomusee-plouguerneau.fr
- The semaphore – Landéda – http://www.semaphore-aber-wrac-h.over-blog.fr
- Stagadon island – Plouguerneau
- Wrac’h island – Plouguerneau
- Pont du diable (bridge) – Plouguerneau
- Archeological site of Iliz Coz – Plouguerneau
- Fishing village of Meneham – Kerlouan – http://www.meneham.com
- Chapel of the Grouanec
- Chapel of Prat Pol
- Musée des goémoniers et de l’algue (Museum of seaweeds and wrack harvesters) – Plouguerneau – http://www.ecomusee-plouguerneau.fr
- Musée du Léon – Lesneven – http://www.museeduleon.com
ROSCOFF AND THE BATZ ISLAND
Roscoff is a seaside town, with a preserved architecture from the 16th and the 17th century. A pirate town labeled as a “petite cité de caractère”, Roscoff is also well-known for its pink onions production. From Roscoff, 15 minutes by boat are enough to reach the Batz island, for a complete change of scenery.
POINTE SAINT MATHIEU AND OUESSANT ISLAND
The Pointe Saint Mathieu is located at the far end of Britanny. You can visit the lighthouse and the ruins of the abbey, and have a walk along the windy cliffs. 20km away from the Pointe Saint Mathieu, Ouessant is the largest island of the Mer d’Iroise. As a world’s end island, Ouessant boasts with charming authenticity, steep cliffs, secret coves and a unique nature.
In the middle of the Armorica regional Natural Park, a mountain chain divides the Finistère. These are the Monts d’Arrée: an impressive, almost unreal landscape, full of mixed heather, gorse and rocky ridges as far as your eyes can see. You will love the impressive viewpoints from the mountains which allow you to see the whole area (the peak is the Roc’h Ruz: 385 meters high).
Océanopolis is a vast aquarium and leisure park located in Brest. It is also a museum of Britanny, a theme park and a zoo, thanks to which you will know everything about seas and oceans.
LA RECRE DES TROIS CURES
20 minutes away from the gîte, “La récré des 3 curés” is the funniest family amusement park in Finistère. Its many attractions, spreading over 15 hectares, will entertain children and parents alike !